7/30/2012

Pesto Panini

 

Confession from my own kitchen floor: Since Whole Foods opened a new store near by our house, we have been eating in the store a lot... Well, cut me some slack, tonight I bring you - Panini!

I used to hate cold sandwiches and hard leathery bread, however it has been a difference experience ever since I started making my hot warm paninis. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.


Ingredients: all leftovers (told you to cut me some slack, meanwhile it's time to clear the fridge)
Italian bread, pesto, olive oil, arugula, tofu and roasted eggplant 


 
EVOO and minced garlic spread

 
Gently spread outside of the bread

 
Spread the basil pesto inside

Grill tofu

 
Add in tofu, arugula, grilled eggplants and cheese, etc. 

Like that

 
Get ready!

Press it for about 5 minutes until you see the grill marks


Mine. Served with orzo pasta salad I made few days ago

 
His

 
His lunch for tomorrow

It's my kind of sandwich. Warm and freshly made. The melted cheese and roasted eggplant make it so moist inside. Man, basil in every bite. This is the only way to go! (sorry to be bossy)

Homemade basil pesto seriously makes everything better. It is truly a fridge killer app you must have!


Homemade basil pesto recipe: click here.








No comments:

Post a Comment