3/10/2012

Homemade Rosemary Garlic Pita Chips


Garlic, fresh rosemary, olive oil, all the good stuff in one bowl. (and soon in my belly)

Have you made pita chips from scratch before? If not, you should. Because it's so easy and tastes 100 times better than the ones you buy on the shelves. It helps that Southern Texas is a great place to grow rosemary. Fresh rosemary is the key here; not a fan, you can substitute other herbs such as basil, dill, oregano, etc.

Grab a bag of quality pita bread, slice them into triangular eighths and you're almost in business. Then make your EVOO base with any herbs you prefer, then add salt and pepper. The fastest way is to spray them with "Pam" but I recommend a delicate and traditional approach; I brush them individually with "the good stuff". I guarantee your guests will appreciate the difference.


Goodness gracious!

Brush the pita bread on both sides and send
into a 400F oven for 12-15 minutes

 
Beautifully done

 

Perfect as it is or goes with any dip you have handy. I just made this amazing Cannellini dip (recipe coming soon), man, I'm feeling jealous of my own stomach already. 


Note: same EVOO herb base can be used to roast lamb and other meat.

1 comment: