3/21/2012

Orange Blueberry Muffins

 

I'm very picky when it comes to desserts or anything sweet. I tend to stay away from them because A) I try to stay fit, B) they are often made with chocolate, yes, I am probably the first person on earth that does not like chocolate (at all).

However my sweet tooth cravings can easily be fixed with anything made with fresh fruits. Here, meet my kick ass orange blueberry muffins.

Note: This is a serious killer recipe. I have modified and refined this recipe to its perfection. It's fruity, fresh, fluffy, flavorful and moist. You MUST give it a try.

Ingredients:
  • Dry: all purpose flour 1 cup, cake flour 1 cup, brown sugar 2/3 cup, fine sea salt 1/2 tsp, baking soda 1/2 tsp, baking powder 2 tsp, fresh orange zest 2 tbs
  • Wet: fresh orange juice 1 cup, canola oil 1/2 cup, vanilla extract 3 tsp, fresh blueberries 1 cup
  • Set oven temperature to 375F for 20-22 minutes. Makes 12-14 muffins 

 
 
 
Crucial ingredient - fresh orange zest

 
Sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top and send them in the oven

Oh my!

Not only do they taste amazing but also they look gorgeous. I know my morning is gonna be awesome just looking at them. The orange zest is in every bite and balances the sweetness, giving them a fresh tangy zip. Man, these puppies are beyond divine.


1 comment:

  1. Delicious muffins and so easy to make! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete